By now everyone knows that Wikipedia is a user-run free encyclopedia, which seems to contain virtually every fact you'd ever want to know. However, what if you need random tutorials and self help guides? It's not too good then, is it?|
That's where wikiHow comes into play - "The How-To Manual That You Can Edit" - it contains thousands of guides on how to do all sorts of things, many useful, but others have a very narrow niche interest.
Armed with the Random Page link, I found a selection of gems that you never knew you needed to know:
- Ever walked down the street, and thought "Now was that a violin or a viola?" I know I've lost many hours of sleep because of this. Thankfully here's the answer.
- Steve Irwin's problem was that he didn't read this first.
- Do you have a male rabbit and a female rabbit? Yes? Then expect baby rabbits. If you're not sure you can find out how to be certain if your rabbit has one in the oven.
- Another common problem for today's youth - How do I determine the gender of my date?
- Don't eat the crust! Don't burn yourself! Eat the crust!
- Last time I was in Pets at Home, I was really annoyed that they don't sell pet carriers suitable for rocks. Now I can make my own.
- "How to ask a girl to prom in a cute way" - hey you, girl, please prom, no, not like that, prom in a cute way. Thanks, much better.
- Alien babies - always fun. Here's the "Natural" way to make one.
- Darn it Billy Joe, that's sure one slippery animal to catch.
- One that should be printed out and airdropped into the Big Brother house - How to Be Friends With Someone Emotionally Unable to Be an Equally Supportive Friend.
- You know what'd really make your life complete? I don't either, but knowing How to Effectively Deploy a Distinctive Podcast Marketing Solution couldn't hurt.
- How to Be Popular in an All Girls School - erm, I can think of a fairly simple way...
- *cough* I'm feeling a bit ill, so can't come in today.
- ...and finally, the best warning of the lot: Do not put the blow dryer on high. Its face might melt.